Your recruitment experience with us
We're looking to recruit people with the right skills and attitudes, who are committed to our purpose and able to provide best value and service to our customers.
In line with our values, it is very important to us that we recruit people who:
- believe that exceptional personal service is at the heart of a successful and sustainable future
- will continually seek to improve their own performance at work
- are enthusiastic team players and willing to give and receive constructive feedback to enhance personal, team and business performance
- care that their employer behaves ethically and supports the wider community
The recruitment process
Our recruitment process has been designed to:
- give you the opportunity to show us your best and demonstrate why you are the most suitable person for the job
- provide you with an opportunity to make sure that we're right for you
- be consistent and fair to everyone so we can make clear decisions
The first step in applying to Simplyhealth is to complete an online application form and submit a CV. We don't like to miss a good candidate and want to clearly understand what makes you right for Simplyhealth. It is important that your CV is accurate, up to date and demonstrates your suitability for the role that you're applying for.
We want to get to know you and understand what you can bring to role. That's why we use different types of assessment methods depending on which vacancy you've applied for:
- Competency based interview, this may be by telephone or face to face
- Personality questionnaire
- Assessment centres
- Work based skills assessment
- Ability test e.g. verbal and numerical reasoning
We will select the best employees from a wide and varied choice of applicants, so that we employ a range of people with skills that complement each other and create an atmosphere in which we can all give our best
- We will make employment decisions only on the grounds of merit, capability and performance in the job. Personal characteristics such as age, background, disability, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital status, religious beliefs or sexual orientation, provide no basis for less favourable treatment of existing employees or applicants for employment
- We will not tolerate unfair treatment, unlawful discrimination, harassment or bullying in the course of work
We will be looking for you to provide examples of when you have displayed particular competencies. It may be useful for you to review the job description and person specification and prepare some answers that could be used during your interview.
If you've yet to explore our career pages we'd encourage you to take a further look at the careers site to get to know us and understand what we look for before your interview.
Interviews are a two way process and provide you with an opportunity to learn more about Simplyhealth. Please bring along any questions that you may want to ask during your interview.
All offers of employment at Simplyhealth are subject to satisfactory references, identification checks, Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and 'right to work in the UK' checks. The information you provide to us will be used only by Simplyhealth for the purpose of recruitment and selection.
Please bring along your right to work documents:
- A valid passport showing that you are a British citizen, or have the right to work in the UK (where right to work has been granted, the full visa or work permit must be provided)
- A document giving your permanent National Insurance number and name (this could be a P45, P60, National Insurance card or a letter from a government agency), together with your original full birth certificate which includes the names of your parents
Please also bring along current proof of address documents no older than three months. They must have your registered address on the document. Examples include:
- Bank account statement (not a print out from the internet as this does not show your address)
- Utility bill (e.g. Electricity, Water or Gas)
- Council tax bill (current year)
- Vehicle registration document
- Credit card statement
- Student loan statement
- Insurance policy documents
Please contact our HR team if you have any questions about the documents you need to bring to interview on 01264 342641.