Finding the help you need to overcome back pain
It goes without saying that at some stage in our lives we will all experience physical aches and pains, perhaps in our backs or other parts of our body. The way we sit, stand, bend and run can all affect the joints, ligaments and muscles in our body.
But what could you do to prevent back tension and stress? This is where practices like yoga and Pilates can help.
They can introduce techniques and exercises designed to:
- Help manage aches and pains
- Help the body become more flexible
- Ensure people stay active and adopt correct postures and poses while at home and at work
To offer further support we're providing a free back care app that includes information and exercises, supported by the charity BackCare:
- Enter details of your back pain to find exercises
- Watch videos of exercises to do at home
- Search for a healthcare practitioner near your home or work
- Find out what you can do to prevent back pain
You can read more about the app here.
Many gyms offer both yoga and Pilate's classes, which are great for introducing people to the basics of back care. If you're looking for a specialist practitioner, your local doctors can put you in touch with professional yoga teachers and osteopaths. Alternatively, within our mobile app you can search for a local practitioner with the 'Find a Practitioner' feature. It's simple to use. Just scroll down our countless list of contacts and find the one nearest to you. You can find practitioners close to work, home or anywhere you wish.